Thursday, April 8, 2010

Turning feelings into an essay...

Ralph Waldo Emerson addresses the concept of adversity in his quote, "We acquire the strength we have overcome." In many works of literature, characters face some type of adversity, often creating the climax of the work. Using novels, plays or other major works of literature, discuss what, in the face of adversity, causes some to succeed while others fail.

How odd, to create an essay out of my life question. Just recently, for "Cinderella" in which I play a stepsister, we have encountered what is known as "Hell Week". Sure, it may be hell, going through an entire day of school, picking up a regular homework load, and then going to rehearsal until 9 every night. Of course for me, I love to be busy, and so the homework doesn't scare me. It's the work, the resolve I must have. It's exhausting. I wrote what has become the most important 5-letter word in my life on my wrist. "Fight". I'll fight through losing my voice all week long. I'll fight through the mistakes I'll make onstage. I'll fight for it. Why? Because that's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment